-
Senior Member
registered user
6.2 vs 6.2.1
I am a newbie to Linux, but I am very persuasive. Since I started learning linux 2 months ago I tried a few versions to find which suits me best, and so far Knoppix is the best for me at this stage. I find it very good for learning purposes as to achieve what I want I have to tru the whole learning process. Thanks to Capricorny and Krisha for their activity in this forum I learn a lot from them.
Now I tried both 6.2 and 6.2.1 and for me 6.2 runs smoother then 6.2.1. THere is a Intel video driver problem in 6.2.1. For some reason the new Intel driver that is included in 6.2.1 does not work with 855GME chip that I have in my laptop and the mkxorgconfig which is included in 6.2.1 does not even try to use vesa as a fallback it just locks.
I had to copy mkxorgconfig from 6.2 to make 6.2.1 work properly with vesa driver. There is one more thing in 6.2.1 - Network Manager does not work properly after logout-login. It loses connection or does not connect at all.
So I am using 6.2 now and I can say that I like it alot with the exception of the kernel header problems everything else I find perfect
Similar Threads
-
By paradocs in forum News
Replies: 22
Last Post: 01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
-
By PaulM2008 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2009, 04:34 AM
-
By tearinghairout in forum The Lounge
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-20-2004, 11:27 AM
-
By fm78 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By mikehallsted in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 03:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99