Hi
Could you please post the name, model etc. of the printer and whether it is IEE o USB or?
more information usually means more responses.
woodsmoke
I'm trying to setup a printer with knoppix live CD 5.1.1
First I got an error occured while retrieving the list of available backends ...
So I opened the root shell and typed cupsd - that got rid of my error and fixed that problem. But now I'm trying to add a printer and the add a local printer is greyed out. I've done a lot of google searching but can't seem to find a solution to the problem.
How can I get access to add a local printer? Can someone please walk me through.
Hi
Could you please post the name, model etc. of the printer and whether it is IEE o USB or?
more information usually means more responses.
woodsmoke
woops, okay the printer has a serial connected cable epson stylus color 400 printer. Don't think computer model matters, I tried it on my toshiba laptop and on an old P4 dell desktop.
From the main menu I chose Knoppix->Configure->Configure printers to open the printer wizard then I clicked on add a printer.
Okay but the local printer (which is what I want) is greyed out. ??? I've done a lot of searching but cannot find anyone with the same issue. Could be the knoppix version I'm using but then everyone would be experiencing the same problem. Maybe I have to set it up as a TCP/IP port but I don't know what the address is at all. It's not really on a network anyway. It's hooked up to the docking station of my laptop. If the Local printer was not greyed out I'm sure it would be a breeze. I'm really at a loss here as to how to get my printer to work.
Any help?

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
MAG X870 TOMAHAWK WIFI Motherboard, ATX - Supports AMD Ryzen 9000 / 8000 / MSI
$143.50
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00