-
Senior Member
registered user
Need to run sh script as root at startup (SOLVED)
I am running knoppix 6.2 on ibm thinkpad x40 which has a trackpoint and I found some commands which enable the sensitivity of the trackpoint and I placed them in sh script file but I have to run it with sudo and I dont know how to autoexecut it at startup so I dont have to enter it manually every time I start knoppix. Here are the commands in my trackpoint.sh file:
echo -n 1 > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/press_to_select
echo -n 170 > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/speed
echo -n 250 > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/sensitivity
I just need to run trackpoint.sh as root at startup automatically. And I have one more question
I am not able to change the window decoration bar on top of the windows. All that lxde appearance does is to change the scroll bars and menu colors. Thanks everyone for the help
Similar Threads
-
By trondiz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2007, 08:44 PM
-
By WaKa in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2006, 12:57 AM
-
By monkeyking in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:19 PM
-
By obsoleto in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 05:43 AM
-
By orcslayer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-03-2004, 02:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$400.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$199.99