-
OK, some confusion here.
I started using desktop=gnome because I really didn't like the standard desktop. When you boot with gnome desktop, every available partition is mounted read-write. Maybe that's a bug.
It turns out that this is not the case when you use the default desktop. By default, they are not mounted, but if you mount them in PCMan File Manager, they are mounted RW.
So, clearly I must avoid the gnome desktop and try to live with the default one.
But I would still like to know how to mount a drive read-only via the GUI - I don't really trust myself when it comes to using commands (I've been spoiled, you would probably say).
Similar Threads
-
By Paul_R in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
-
By fungi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
-
By varaahan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2005, 05:32 PM
-
By zer0frost in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-10-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By reub2000 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00