-
New to Knoppix - need help installing to USB flash drive
I have a 16 GB USB flash drive partitioned as follows:
/dev/sdb1 FAT32 size: 7.46 GB unused: 6.16 GB boot,lba
/dev/sdb2 linux-swap size: 1.95 GB
/dev/sdb3 ntfs size: 5.51 GB unused: 2.06 GB
I have Puppy Linux 4.3 installed in sdb1 and sdb3 is used for data storage only.
I have been using a Knoppix 6.2 live CD and would now like to install it in sdb1 so that I can dual boot with Puppy. Is this possible? If it can be done, can you please give a brief explanation of how to do it? If Knoppix cannot be installed alongside with Puppy, I would like to remove Puppy and just have Knoppix on sdb1 only. Would appreciate a brief explanation of how this can be done please. I would like to leave sdb3 intact because I have some important data in there.
I am rather new to Linux so please forgive my ignorance. Many thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Craig78 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2009, 02:14 AM
-
By johnsfine in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
-
By jacksonon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-01-2006, 02:10 AM
-
By jscinoz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-02-2005, 01:35 PM
-
By Irongeek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total
$1000.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88