Quote Originally Posted by ialtaparmakov
Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy
How did you do the install? I used the "poor mans' install" procedure, e.g.
  • knoppix tohd=/dev/sda1
and I know that doing that again would almost certainly take care of the issue, perhaps even with the script install (not sure, but someone with experience will chime in, most likely.)

Krishna
thanks for the reply

for the hd install i used the script from menu \ preferences \ KNOPPIX HD install

and i try to use this script from knoppix 6.2.1 for update purposes but it wanted to format the disk and delete my files

i was wonder if i use copying of files from dvd to hd , will this do the update or will destroy current installation ?
i am not shure that knoppix tohd=/dev/sda1 will preserve my files


thanks best regards
The tohd cheatcode simply copies a few files (8-9?) to wherever you point it; I have a huge KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file (~3.8GB) that was copied from the DVD as one of those, so if you have that on your flash drive, then it would not be preserved. But other stuff, like your home directory, would not be replaced.