Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How can I enable CONFIG_TIMER_STATS ???

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198

    How can I enable CONFIG_TIMER_STATS ???

    I am running 6.2 - How can I enable CONFIG_TIMER_STATS in CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL ??? My config-2.6.31.6 is re-written at every boot. I need this option for use with Intel's powertop application

    Thanks everyone

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528

    Re: How can I enable CONFIG_TIMER_STATS ???

    Quote Originally Posted by mecho
    I am running 6.2 - How can I enable CONFIG_TIMER_STATS in CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL ??? My config-2.6.31.6 is re-written at every boot. I need this option for use with Intel's powertop application

    Thanks everyone
    One option would be to do an install, perhaps to flash media, then make the change you need and run the utility to create a customized version back on CD (assuming you would then need that.)

    Krishna

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    I am running knoppix from a 4gb flash drive. Ny laptop has very noisy and slow hard drive and running knoppix from the flash drive is so perfect for me. It keeps all changes I make except this one and its so irritating when one tries to do something and it does not work ) I want to know which script is responsible of creating the kernel config file and may be I can modify the script

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802

    You might try to change to 6.2.1, kernel 2.6.32.6

    I haven't looked into this, just know that kernel headers were somewhat messed up in 2.6.31.6. You can also use grep, probably in /etc first, to search for scripts where such settings are modified.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    Thanks alot Capricorny - I think you are the one who keeps this forum alive - I am reading all your post all the time. I wish to change to 6.2.1 but I have made so many settings to 6.2.0 that I am scared to start all over again and besides 6.2 works just fine for me except the fact that I can not compile any applications because of the headers. May be I should just try not to be so lazy and give the 6.2.1 a chance. I wrote you once about booting problem of 6.2.1 with xorg on my PC.
    I managed to fix it by booting with knoppix -b option and configure xorg from there. Now all I have to do is to customize 6.2.1 the way I like it

    Thanks again for your help

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    Actually, there are some posts here about recompiling the kernel with 6.2, which might help for you. I used it to compile the necessary vmware modules. As for your installs and tweaks, they will mostly be in /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.img and in the sysconfig file. So, if you back up the necessary files and copy them back onto the 6.2.1 install, you might be set. But, I haven't tried it. This experiment you can do with a USB stick or USB harddisk, so you don't really have to risk anything.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    I will try this and will let you know if it works. I am not risking anything because I make image of my entire usb stick and store it on my hard drive under windows. Restoring it takes a minute

Similar Threads

  1. Can't enable mcelog?
    By ant in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 09:22 PM
  2. how do I enable ssh on kx 3.8.1
    By cli168 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 08:03 PM
  3. Cannot enable modem
    By riscbroker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 08:25 PM
  4. enable nfs on lan
    By phaedral in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:29 AM
  5. how to enable DVI?
    By jobah in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$10.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition picture

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition

$88.00



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD picture

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD

$169.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99