My old laptop does not support booting from USB flash devices, too. But one day I found a solution. I use a small programm called "PLoP Boot Manager" http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager.html running from CD.
My old laptop does not support booting from USB flash devices, too. But one day I found a solution. I use a small programm called "PLoP Boot Manager" http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager.html running from CD.

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX
$42.00
Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller
$23.99
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99
Dell PERC H710 / H730 RAID Controller with Battery Backup Unit (DP/N: 037CT1)
$20.00