-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
(or whatever your monitor resolution is for the screen= parameter)
To me, this seems to indicate a major flaw in the concept. I want Knoppix to be a system that will boot and work on whatever system I boot it on. I use it for many things, from data recovery to testing new systems, to just showing friends Linux running on
their hardware. If I have to customize a usb device for a particular screen then I would rather just use the CD or DVD.
This is a flaw introduced in 6.2.X, it worked perfectly (as far as I could check) in 6.0.1, and I don't think CD/USB has got anything to do with it.
On a somewhat deeper level, I think it illustrates a basic problem with a significant OSS system being essentially a one-man enterprise. And I really don't think Klaus is to blame for that
.
Similar Threads
-
By fbarrett in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 10:51 PM
-
By jacksonon in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 11:24 PM
-
By Wikipedea in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-08-2005, 06:30 PM
-
By Duddled in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 02:29 PM
-
By rcs in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1TI ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$180.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

SAMSUNG 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$250.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 64GB 2Rx4 PC5-4800B-RA0-1010-XT M321R8GA0BB0-CQKDS DDR5 EC8 RDIMM TH646
$2049.98

Samsung LPCAMM2 8533 32GB LPDDR5X M561K2LC4EE0-CCUGM Memory
$500.00

SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM
$289.95

(LOT OF 18) Kingston 16GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 RDIMM ECC Server RAM
$180.00