Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Knoppix 6.3

  1. #11
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    krishna may have been referring to this thread.

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    143
    I've got 6.3 from Linux Magazine and it did not work on my laptop with Rymbeke's 6.2 version of minirt.gz.

    There again the Live CD didn't work either - but the error were different. I'm a bit concerned since this is the first Knoppix that has not worked on my laptop. I will have to check the checksums (if they are on the DVD).

    Rymbeke

    Would it help you if I posted the initrd.gz somewhere for you to download?

  3. #13
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674
    [/quote]... Rymbeke, Would it help you if I posted the initrd.gz somewhere for you to download?[/quote]
    Yes so I can figure out if / what are the changes in the init boot script. (can you also add the kernel)
    Thanks to offer your help,
    Gilles

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    143
    Ruymbeke,

    I have posted the requested files here:

    http://www.icpug.org.uk/national/ruymbeke/index.htm

    Please let me know when you have got them as I want to remove them as soon as possible.

    I did a check of the checksums on the DVD against all the files on the DVD and they matched ok. This means that this version does not seem to work with my laptop. I suspect the intel 810 chipset of my laptop is not covered by the intel driver now used by Knoppix. I have a similar problem with the experimental version of Puppy (called Quirky). If this is the reason that Knoppix 6.3 does not work then I am somewhat annoyed it is not backward compatible with a common chipset, albeit quite old now.

  5. #15
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Knoppix 6.3 Kernel & init boot scrip (initrd)

    Quote Originally Posted by ICPUG
    ...I have posted the requested files here: ...
    Hi ICPUG,
    Got it, you can now remove the files. Thank you very much !
    It looks like that the 6.3 kernel is exactly the same as for 6.2.1
    so my guess is that the kernel modules should be the same as well.
    The init boot script is almost identical, just a couple of minor cosmetic changes.

    So my recompiled kernel + initrd for large memory footprint (>4GB) may just work "as is", cf:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=122822#122822
    (also allow for iso boot from ntfs, network via nfs or samba + vmware tools patch)
    Best Regards,
    Gilles

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    143
    Thanks Ruymbeke

    That's good news. All I have got to do is find a Windows machine with 4GB spare NTFS disk space that will work with 6.3 to confirm your findings.

    (Files removed now)

  7. #17
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Knoppix 6.2.1 init ramdisk work just fine with Knoppix 6.3

    Quote Originally Posted by ICPUG
    ...All I have got to do is find a Windows machine with 4GB spare NTFS disk space that will work with 6.3 to confirm your findings...
    Hello,
    I finally got my hands on one of the Linux Magazine Pro and got the Knoppix 6.3 DVD,
    and confirm that both my init ramdisk (c2_minirt_621a.gz and minirt_621c.gz)
    initially created for Knoppix 6.2.1 are also working just fine with Knoppix 6.3.
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=122674#122674
    Best Regards,
    Gilles

  8. #18
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    31

    Is a package list for the 6.3 DVD posted anywhere?

    It would be nice to see a package list for the 6.3 DVD. I'm particularly interested in whether gfortran has been added, since it was missing from 6.2.

  9. #19
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512

    Package list

    The package list was created with the command
    Code:
    COLUMNS=200 dpkg-query -l > knx630-packages-list.txt
    and packed with zip afterwards.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  10. #20
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by carolus View Post
    I'm particularly interested in whether gfortran has been added, since it was missing from 6.2.
    The short answer is, "libgfortran3" is installed but gfortran isn't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Mellanox 655874-B21  655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678 picture

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678

$13.99



Cisco Meraki OEM MA-SFP-1GB-LX10 1000Base-LX 1GbE SFP Module 1310nm 10km SMF LC picture

Cisco Meraki OEM MA-SFP-1GB-LX10 1000Base-LX 1GbE SFP Module 1310nm 10km SMF LC

$95.00



SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code picture

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code

$108.09