-
Junior Member
registered user
I can't seem to get network connection under Knoppix, though I've read this thread.
Under WinXP, I'm connected just fine through a Linksys Router to a cable modem.
Using Linksys Router's setup (http-based), I can get the IP address WinXP uses, the network mask, default gateway, etc. There's IP address for LAN and WAN, and I'm not sure which to use...
But anyhow, I get into Knoppix, and run netcardconfig. It asks me:
> use DHCP broadcast?
since yes doesn't work, I try no,
> IP address for eth0
I type in what I think win XP uses - 192.168.1.100
> network mask for eth0
255.255.255.0
> broadcast address for eth0
I tried a few things, including what the router calls "DHCP server address", 192.168.1.1
> default gateway
I tried what the router says is the default gateway under the WAN settings
> name server(s)
It defaults to the two that the router is using
then it gives me
> ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.1 up
(pause)
> route add default gw (default gateway IP address here)
followed quickly by:
> SIOCADDRT:Network is unreacheable
> auto lo eth0
followed by the nameserver stuff.
Obviously, the SIOCADDRT business, whatever that is, is my problem...
Any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By Officer_Dufus in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 02:00 AM
-
By vic9868 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 02:20 AM
-
By ruymbeke in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 10:05 PM
-
By ezuk in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem
$395.00

New Dell PowerEdge Server R360 Xeon E-2488 3.2G 16GB RAM 4X800GB SSD 6x600GB SAS
$3890.00