Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Live CD with Adobe Flash: how?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6

    Live CD with Adobe Flash: how?

    Okay, so I should preface this by saying I'm a fairly advanced Windows user but sort of an idiot when it comes to Linux. It's a personal failing. I'm working on it.

    That out of the way, I'm trying to find a step-by-step way of adding Adobe Flash to a Knoppix Live CD. I'm not talking about adding it to a USB flash drive the CD uses for user data, I'm talking about making a completely standalone CD that actually has flash on it, so you could (for example) load up Youtube or Hulu the first time you put it in a computer, with no additional configuration or jiggery-pokery to be done. Press button, watch video.

    I was going to type more here, but I realize I'd just be rephrasing the stuff up top.

    Kthx.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802

    Check out the news section on Knoppix 6.3

    Check out the news section on Knoppix 6.3. Otherwise, you need to remaster.
    There seems to be fairly little remastering going on these days. And if you are not fairly well versed in Linux, I personally would strongly advise against it.

Similar Threads

  1. Live CD for Flash Playback?
    By frist in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
  2. Is it safe to use the Adobe Flash Player with Knoppix 5.1.1?
    By Uncle Stinky in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 09:52 AM
  3. If Adobe Flash Player Flaws Enable a Smorgasbord of Exploits
    By Uncle Stinky in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 09:38 AM
  4. Boot Live CD using a flash drive?
    By ocho in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 08:33 PM
  5. About USB Flash Drive on Knoppix Live CD
    By satimis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$374.48



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00