Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Cloop.ko...invalid module format

  1. #1

    Cloop.ko...invalid module format

    I've remastered my Knoppix 4.0.2 without problems, but now I'm working on putting in my own custom kernel. I've gotten the sources for kernel 2.6.15 and compiled it fine. I've also compiled cloop 2.0.2 and unionfs 1.1.3. Modinfo shows the version on both cloop.ko and unionfs.ko to match the 2.6.15 kernel. I've been able to fix any problems so far with the amazing HOWTOs that I've found here. Also, I changed my minirt.gz from initRD to initRAMFS.

    The problem I'm having now is when I go to boot the cd with qemu. It starts ok, but when it get to accessing the KNOPPIX cd, I get an "insmod: error inserting '/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format." Can anyone help me with this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Cloop.ko...invalid module format

    Quote Originally Posted by chowdah45416
    The problem I'm having now is when I go to boot the cd with qemu. It starts ok, but when it get to accessing the KNOPPIX cd, I get an "insmod: error inserting '/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format." Can anyone help me with this?
    This seems to be cloop module problem. Are you sure you copied cloop.ko from /lib/modules/kernel_version/extra to /modules inside minirt.gz? What Knoppix version are you using? Have you changed cloop.o to cloop.ko in linuxrc or renamed cloop.ko to cloop.o? I think old cloop.o format (2.4 kernel way) was used in Knoppix 4.0.2 and new module format (2.6 kernel) was renamed to it.


    -tapsa-

  3. #3
    Hey, thanks. I already solved my problem though. At first I had forgot to make linux symlink in the minirt.gz file, but then I got an unkown symbol error with cloop. To solve this, I add a -O2 option inside the makefile for cloop.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdah45416
    Hey, thanks. I already solved my problem though. At first I had forgot to make linux symlink in the minirt.gz file, but then I got an unkown symbol error with cloop. To solve this, I add a -O2 option inside the makefile for cloop.
    Hi chowdah45416,
    I got exactly the same problems as yours.
    Would you please show step by step how did you overcome it?
    Really appreciate.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    29
    I know this is from 2006 but ...

    Trying to replace kernel in re-master enviroment and am getting the same probem.
    Any help appreciated.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1

    cloop disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

    Hi all

    I am having a difficulty to pxe boot a KNOPPIX from Solaris grub.
    I downloaded knoppix 6.2 and configured all , the client machine try to pxe boot but goes to shell with the following error:

    14 914951 cloop disagrees about version of symbol module_layout
    insmod: error inserting '/mnt-system/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Invalid module format." : Exec format error

    couldnot mount /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
    #


    Any help appreciated.

Similar Threads

  1. LiveCD Boot Error (invalid module)
    By Mook in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 03:46 AM
  2. FATAL: Error inserting cloop : Invalid argument
    By wsun013 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 01:15 PM
  3. Invalid module format, Pentium4 vs preempt 386
    By Parcye in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 02:08 AM
  4. problem with cloop module...
    By Myrdhin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 02:54 PM
  5. Knoppix invalid compressed format (err=2)
    By Yorsh in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd picture

Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd

$63.99



Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read picture

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read

$295.00



Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck

$99.99



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$99.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Vintage Apple Macintosh Keyboard M0115 picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Keyboard M0115

$120.00



Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces picture

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces

$40.99