-
Using GParted in Knoppix 6.2 to resize my NTFS partition caused Windows to stop working. GParted gave a message to the effect that the volume is smaller than the partition. Anyway, I am not blaming Knoppix at all.
The sad thing is that I couldn't mount the drive in Knoppix as well, even manually from the terminal. I had been playing with DSL-N before trying out Knoppix, and I was able to mount the drive and back up my user files, then re-installed Windows. ( By the way, this is my work laptop, otherwise I would just have foregone Windows completely
)
I am happy with Knoppix/Linux. As for NTFS, better have a backup elsewhere before writing to it from Linux.
Similar Threads
-
By optimist1a in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
-
By zorblek in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-02-2006, 06:03 PM
-
By jakenoble in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-10-2006, 04:41 PM
-
By PC-Renew in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-24-2006, 09:03 PM
-
By Wenny in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Yealink W70B W73H DECT IP VoIP Cordless Phone Handset Base Charger Never Used
$109.00

Grandstream HT801 v2 Single Port Analog Telephone Adapter
$33.50

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset
$64.99

Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP
$800.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95