Hi... I just got the KNOPPIX 6.2.1 and I'm following the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto
but when I want to start the X so I can configure the icons, graphically choose which packages to install, etc. i can't.. when I run startx the X opens up an closes before loads anything... it gives the following error
the only way I can enter the lxde is by running init 5 but the I won't be chrooted...Code:(EE) ioctl EVIOCGNAME failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device (EE) PreInit returned NULL for ""A4Tech Wireless Battery Free Optical Mouse"" (EE) ioctl EVIOCGNAME failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device (EE) PreInit returned NULL for ""Macintosh mouse button emulation"" waiting for X server to shut down error setting MTRR (base = 0xc0000000, size = 0x10000000, type =1) Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
how can I solve this? please??
I think most of the 6.X remastering now is done along the lines of Forester's script - see the recent remastering thread here, where there is no chrooting etc involved. Basically, we modify the X setup the ordinary way for our daily use, and do little or nothing to it in the remastering process. All package purging, updating and installation is also done, e.g. with synaptic, before the remastering. I encounter no problems along this route.

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 9100 Pro 1TB PCIe 5.0 M.2 SSD
$225.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
SKhinix 1TB Internal SSD M.2 Solid State Drive PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 Internal Solid
$100.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53
Western Digital Black SN770 1TB NVME SSD
$150.00
ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 14" OLED 3K 120Hz Gaming Laptop
$1350.00