Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Starting X when remastering..

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1

    Starting X when remastering..

    Hi... I just got the KNOPPIX 6.2.1 and I'm following the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto

    but when I want to start the X so I can configure the icons, graphically choose which packages to install, etc. i can't.. when I run startx the X opens up an closes before loads anything... it gives the following error

    Code:
    (EE) ioctl EVIOCGNAME failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    (EE) PreInit returned NULL for ""A4Tech Wireless Battery Free Optical Mouse""
    (EE) ioctl EVIOCGNAME failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    (EE) PreInit returned NULL for ""Macintosh mouse button emulation""
    
    waiting for X server to shut down error setting MTRR (base = 0xc0000000, size = 0x10000000, type =1) Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
    the only way I can enter the lxde is by running init 5 but the I won't be chrooted...

    how can I solve this? please??

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by brubizu View Post
    Hi... I just got the KNOPPIX 6.2.1 and I'm following the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto

    but when I want to start the X so I can configure the icons, graphically choose which packages to install, etc. i can't.. when I run startx the X opens up an closes before loads anything... it gives the following error

    Code:
    (EE) ioctl EVIOCGNAME failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    (EE) PreInit returned NULL for ""A4Tech Wireless Battery Free Optical Mouse""
    (EE) ioctl EVIOCGNAME failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    (EE) PreInit returned NULL for ""Macintosh mouse button emulation""
    
    waiting for X server to shut down error setting MTRR (base = 0xc0000000, size = 0x10000000, type =1) Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
    the only way I can enter the lxde is by running init 5 but the I won't be chrooted...

    how can I solve this? please??

    Hi, did you found a solution for this problem? I actually have the same :s please help me..

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    I think most of the 6.X remastering now is done along the lines of Forester's script - see the recent remastering thread here, where there is no chrooting etc involved. Basically, we modify the X setup the ordinary way for our daily use, and do little or nothing to it in the remastering process. All package purging, updating and installation is also done, e.g. with synaptic, before the remastering. I encounter no problems along this route.

Similar Threads

  1. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  2. First Starting Up
    By brlund in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:19 AM
  3. Remastering, removing KDE, starting X
    By mikeypants in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 06:50 PM
  4. Remastering Scripts : easy remastering
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
  5. KDE not starting
    By cp2302 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2002, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP  4 New Open Box picture

Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box

$74.99



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$18.95



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE picture

YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE

$65.00