-
boot problem
Long story short I went away for a weekend, left my desktop for my roommate to use (i have the only printer, finals are next week) when I got back I found out he downloaded god knows what, got some sort of virus and through his attempts to remove it, my computer would freeze before it could even finish booting.
I have had success with using f-secure.com before so I made a knoppix recovery disk to remove the virus from my desktop. It worked without a hitch, or so I thought.
Now whenever I try to boot windows, after the boot screen my monitor just turns completely black. I am at a complete loss as to what is going on because I can boot Knoppix fine off my cd drive, I just can't boot windows.
The monitor is a LG Flatron W2353V
video card is EVGA Geforce 7800 GS
Similar Threads
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By sid_galt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 39
Last Post: 11-27-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By codeforge in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 05:06 PM
-
By capate in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 09:23 PM
-
By SK in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 09:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Lot 14 Vintage ISA VGA Video Cards Trident CHIPS UMC 8-Bit 16-Bit 286 386 486
$199.95

Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks
$220.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89