-

Originally Posted by
klaus2008
Did you use Ubuntu 64bit (AMD64) 10.04RC? I saw /dev/mcelog and executed the command mcelog. There was a message that mcelog could be installed with
Code:
sudo apt-get install mcelog
but you have to enable the component called "universe" first. Somewhere I read that mcelog does not work with 32 bit Linux because of incompatibility with old cpu types.
Ah, thanks. I needed universe. I don't remember if Ubuntu liveCD was 64-bit or not. It was v9.10 stable for sure. So, is this 64-bit requirement for 64-bit hardware only or does kernel have to be 64-bit too? On my old Debian box, I use i686 (32-bit?) kernel and can use mcelog.
I wonder why KNOPPIX doesn't work? 32-bit?
Similar Threads
-
By SkylineGTR in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-27-2008, 07:27 AM
-
By cli168 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-28-2006, 08:03 PM
-
By riscbroker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 08:25 PM
-
By phaedral in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:29 AM
-
By jobah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99