Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Root Password Problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Root Password Problem

    I have set my root password at installation. Now, when I try to adjust the date and time, it asks for my root password, but the authentication fails when I type the same one in.

    Where can I confirm what my password is?
    How can I change it to what I want it to be?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveb357 View Post
    I have set my root password at installation. Now, when I try to adjust the date and time, it asks for my root password, but the authentication fails when I type the same one in.

    Where can I confirm what my password is?
    How can I change it to what I want it to be?
    The only way I know to confirm the password is to use it, and it sounds like you tried that. Some thoughts on setting it again- There should be a root terminal in the Preferences menu, and there you can set it again with "passwd"; failing that, try "init 1" in a regular terminal if you can't find the root terminal link. Does Ctrl-Alt-F2 do anything? I haven't been able to use those root terminals in the 6.2 version so far, but they were real handy in prior version.

    Krishna

Similar Threads

  1. How can I set a root password????
    By oganika in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
  2. Root Password Problem
    By kwyjibo730 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 08:24 PM
  3. root password
    By luagh45 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 11:06 PM
  4. root password
    By kornface13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 02:14 PM
  5. Root password?
    By CyberShadow in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y picture

Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y

$699.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory picture

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory

$399.99



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF picture

Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF

$120.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98