Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Root Password Problem

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Root Password Problem

    I have set my root password at installation. Now, when I try to adjust the date and time, it asks for my root password, but the authentication fails when I type the same one in.

    Where can I confirm what my password is?
    How can I change it to what I want it to be?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveb357 View Post
    I have set my root password at installation. Now, when I try to adjust the date and time, it asks for my root password, but the authentication fails when I type the same one in.

    Where can I confirm what my password is?
    How can I change it to what I want it to be?
    The only way I know to confirm the password is to use it, and it sounds like you tried that. Some thoughts on setting it again- There should be a root terminal in the Preferences menu, and there you can set it again with "passwd"; failing that, try "init 1" in a regular terminal if you can't find the root terminal link. Does Ctrl-Alt-F2 do anything? I haven't been able to use those root terminals in the 6.2 version so far, but they were real handy in prior version.

    Krishna

Similar Threads

  1. How can I set a root password????
    By oganika in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
  2. Root Password Problem
    By kwyjibo730 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 08:24 PM
  3. root password
    By luagh45 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 11:06 PM
  4. root password
    By kornface13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 02:14 PM
  5. Root password?
    By CyberShadow in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$409.99



IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic picture

IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic

$149.00



IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER picture

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER

$349.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$281.25



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00