Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Root Password Problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Root Password Problem

    I have set my root password at installation. Now, when I try to adjust the date and time, it asks for my root password, but the authentication fails when I type the same one in.

    Where can I confirm what my password is?
    How can I change it to what I want it to be?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveb357 View Post
    I have set my root password at installation. Now, when I try to adjust the date and time, it asks for my root password, but the authentication fails when I type the same one in.

    Where can I confirm what my password is?
    How can I change it to what I want it to be?
    The only way I know to confirm the password is to use it, and it sounds like you tried that. Some thoughts on setting it again- There should be a root terminal in the Preferences menu, and there you can set it again with "passwd"; failing that, try "init 1" in a regular terminal if you can't find the root terminal link. Does Ctrl-Alt-F2 do anything? I haven't been able to use those root terminals in the 6.2 version so far, but they were real handy in prior version.

    Krishna

Similar Threads

  1. How can I set a root password????
    By oganika in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
  2. Root Password Problem
    By kwyjibo730 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 08:24 PM
  3. root password
    By luagh45 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 11:06 PM
  4. root password
    By kornface13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 02:14 PM
  5. Root password?
    By CyberShadow in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mixed LOT of 31 Samsung Hynix Nanya GSkill PC3-12800 4GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory picture

Mixed LOT of 31 Samsung Hynix Nanya GSkill PC3-12800 4GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory

$85.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR

$206.00



Samsung Chromebook Plus XE513C24 Hexa-Core 4GB RAM 32GB picture

Samsung Chromebook Plus XE513C24 Hexa-Core 4GB RAM 32GB

$45.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem

$152.99



Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW picture

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW

$30.89



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Samsung LC27JG56QQNXZA 27.0

Samsung LC27JG56QQNXZA 27.0" 2560 x 1440 144 Hz Curved Monitor

$60.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+ metro locked picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+ metro locked

$150.00