-
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz is detected but plays no sound
ok, first off, this post refers to Knoppix V3.2-2003-05-20.
i have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard that i got with a Dell PC. after booting, i'll run sndconfig to have it detect my card. it does, no problem (cs46xx). then it plays a test sound. but i can't hear the sound. yes, my speaker volume is up just about as loud as it'll go (which is way too loud). so i tell sndconfig that i didn't hear the sound, which takes me to the driver selection screen. i tried a few other random drivers, but they reported all kinds of errors so i stopped because i knew they were wrong anyway.
if i boot with knoppix alsa=cs46xx the same thing happens, with one tiny exception: during the boot, i do hear a couple beeps through my speakers, but they're pretty quiet (and my speakers are waaay up). again, sound doesn't work with play or xmms or anything else i've tried. and yes, i've made sure to adjust alsamixer to make sure it's not muted by default.
so how come this isn't working? i haven't gotten this card to work yet, even after reinstalling alsa and building the module myself. the best luck i had was with OSS/commercial, but that couldn't even be described as "working." this is a huge shame, because this card is absolutely stellar in windoze. it's the single thing that's keeping me from wiping that damn ntfs partition 
tVMia!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings.
I don't know much so I hope some others will
answer. If you hear nothing -- this may not help.
I improved my sound greately with some settings
in KDE so you might want to look at this until some
real help comes.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2831
Best Wishes,
paradocs
-
Hello,
Just downloaded and ran Knoppix 3.2 7-24-2003 build and I to have the Santa Cruz - on an Asus P4PE. I have not been able to get the santa cruz to work in previous builds, but this build seams to be working with the sound card. I had to use sndconf to detect the card. In the XMMS program I set the output plugin to OSS Driver 1.2.7 and all works fine. I currently have the sound card set in windows with the versa jack as a digital out and run through an external yamaha decoder/speaker setup. the speaker don't work but the head set is working fine. I think that the connections being wired for digital may be my only problem, I may try setting up wires to analog outputs on card to see if this fixes the problem.
My current specs are
Asus P4PE
P4 - 2.4B
512MB DDR
Santa Cruz
Onboard Gigabit Lan - works perfectly from first boot and going through Linksys Router/Gateway to cable connection.
I used to get a PCI Collision error at first startup, but with this build that is not coming up.
Hope this helps,
Jeff
Similar Threads
-
By rahoo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 22
Last Post: 07-22-2005, 09:36 AM
-
By greygooseplz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 10:12 AM
-
By GeneralStore in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 06:08 PM
-
By pwchicken in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By anonymouscelebrity in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5" SATA SSD Solid State Drive MTFDDAK240TCB
$24.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe m.2 SSD Solid State Drive MZVLW512HMJP-000L7 MZ-VLB5120
$51.99

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia
$16.59

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE
$58.99