-
Junior Member
registered user
Internet/resolution/Cinerrela-setup from USB
Hello,
This is my first Linux experience and I'm quite lost.
First a short summary of how I got here, I got this nice Canon HD video camera as a present for my birthday. The software for editing the video that came with it is incompatible with my 64 bit Windows 7 system. There are some nice commercial video editing software, but quite expensive, so looking around I found there are even nicer software, free, but only for Linux. But I also noticed there was a way to try them with these "live cd", "distros" and stuff like that. There is actually a plethora of these and figuring out how to approach is quite daunting.
The first I tried was the Kdenlive here:
http://www.poure.com/kdenlive/debian...090702.x64.img
But got stuck when it apparently does not recognize my Nvidia 9400M graphics card and the boot never finishes.
So then I tried dyne:bolic, hoping to try Cinerrela, but no luck there either, boot never finishes and I don't know why.
So then according to this site:
http://cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php
Knoppix supposedly includes cinerrela so I tried that next.
Now, for the first time knoppix did boot!. I got it the following way, downloaded the universal USB installer and chose koppix fron the list, downloaded that and it got installed in a 4GB USB pendrive.
It does not seem to contain Cinerrela though.
So my first questions are:
1. Knoppix does not seem to be taking full advantage of my display. It is capable of 1920x1200, how can I change that? there are no choices but the default.
2. During boot I chose to allow 2000 MB for data, but no matter how many times I try to setup the internet connection it does not seem to "Stick" and disappears. I have a wired connection, it's not working with knoppix, how do I set it up?
3. Once I get that running, supposing I download Kdenlive,Cinerrela or whatever other application, how do I install them using this USB system?
Thanks for any help.
Similar Threads
-
By zkeeper in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-18-2006, 12:17 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:53 PM
-
By adhoc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By LinuxGozer in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By DOS in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-11700 8-Core 2.50GHz LGA1200 CPU Processor SRKNS
$150.00

Corsair 760T, ASUS X99a-ii, i7-6800k, 16GB RAM, 1080GPU, 256GB SSD #21
$300.00

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$125.00

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$50.00