-
Suspend and hibernate not working in 6.2.1
I have an MSI P7N Diamond m/b. All BIOS options are set to default. Knoppix is installed to the HD and is generally GREAT.
But if I click suspend the logout box goes away, but nothing else seems to happen. If I click hibernate, the screen goes black for a second, then comes back with the network reconnecting.
Any suggestions how to diagnose why the suspend and hibernate don't work on mine?
thanks...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Generally, my take on it is that Knoppix is a "Live" disk and should usually be used as such. It seems to have some issues when installed to the HD. There are many relationships that may need to be resolved, and it is usually easier to start with a Distribution that was intended for a HD install. A good start might be Debian, since Knoppix is based on that distro. Many people have installed Knoppix and have resolved such issues. I don't wish to spend many hours trying to do so. Learned that lesson some years ago, and get reminded every time I try a HD install of Knoppix.
-
I like the LXDE implementation and integration.
I like the additional programs that come with. The additional programs included are in many cases the ones I've been adding to other Distros, and in many cases its much better done than when I just add it.
I like the newer versions of things that come with.
I like that I don't need to do modifications to get there.
Debian is my 2nd favorite distro because lenny gets me a lot of what I want, but knoppix gets me closer to the goal line. I have the same roblem under Debian. Frugalware does better with susend/resume, bat is missing some of the features I like from knoppix.
-

Originally Posted by
thriftee
I like the LXDE implementation and integration.
I like the additional programs that come with. The additional programs included are in many cases the ones I've been adding to other Distros, and in many cases its much better done than when I just add it.
I like the newer versions of things that come with.
I like that I don't need to do modifications to get there.
Debian is my 2nd favorite distro because lenny gets me a lot of what I want, but knoppix gets me closer to the goal line. I have the same roblem under Debian. Frugalware does better with susend/resume, bat is missing some of the features I like from knoppix.
Yeah, I like "them extrees" too, and I can add my own goodies with the persistent image as well; I hear that 6.3 will have most everything I have and I'll probably upgrade when I can get it. FYI, I have the same experience with hibernating, but suspend works almost all the time. It looks to me like the program that would save everything in memory to disk is crashing and I'm left looking at a system that got disconnected but is otherwise fine. I posted something the other day about this project I heard about (TuxOnIce) but I haven't heard whether it's compatible. I think it may be useable by "ins" as a module to the kernel, but I'm pretty shaky on that level (i.e. "wizard") of OS/kernel stuff.
Krishna
Similar Threads
-
By krishna.murphy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2009, 12:11 AM
-
By darkx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 06:25 PM
-
By Coume in forum Laptops
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 04:25 AM
-
By wolf359 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$300.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 6850U 2.7GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$450.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00