-
Senior Member
registered user
There are some packages misssing on your system. You could try the following instructions
1. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list by executing
Code:
sudo leafpad /etc/apt/sources.list
and adding these four lines
Save the changes and close the editor.
2. Enter these three lines while being connected to the internet:
Code:
gpg --keyserver hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 1F41B907
gpg --armor --export 1F41B907 | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -t sid install cinelerra-cv
3. When I started cinelerra for the first time I got an error message which said that I had to enter
Code:
echo "0x7fffffff" > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
as root. Therefore I quit cinelerra and entered the following commands
Code:
su
echo "0x7fffffff" > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
exit
Then I started cinelerra again without that error message. To be honest I don't know what the echo command does. As I had not enough time to try out cinelerra I cannot say wether it is useful. Somewhere I read that I must use an 64 bit operating system. Therefore I installed cinelerra on sidux (64 bit version).
Similar Threads
-
By zkeeper in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-18-2006, 12:17 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:53 PM
-
By adhoc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By LinuxGozer in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By DOS in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$254.97