-
Bad BIOS causes boot failure on USB-drive-Knoppix
Hey-
I've been unable to boot directly from my USB-drive-Knoppix (I ran the flash-install utility) alone, falling back on a CD/DVD boot and then typing:
Code:
knoppix fromhd=/dev/sdb1
which worked okay, but now I've been able to try it on another system which has (apparently) a good BIOS, and I didn't need the CD. I've gotten some updated BIOS files, but am reluctant to flash the BIOS, as it seems like a failure might render the PC useless. I've been looking as I went along, and I've come across some alternatives, specifically SuperGRUB and THE Lin'N'WinNewB PROJECT, and I'm a bit at sea. I'm also looking at Unetbootin and wonder if it can help. Does anyone have a good grasp of all the issues and feel able to offer a useful perspective?
Krishna
Similar Threads
-
By yukichigai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 09:35 PM
-
By OpenIntro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 27
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 10:59 PM
-
By Majii in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 05:27 AM
-
By erd in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By JugglingSuns120 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 01:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$59.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00