-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Hi Gilles,
Sorry for the delayed reply. I was hunting for your email which seems to have slipped through. I've recovered it and have a detailed reply in draft which I will send you in due course. Thanks so much for that feedback. We had to move because the old forum software was very, very old and very insecure. Keeping the spam at bay was a huge task. Not to mention hammering from the bots. These forums would normally need just a basic shared hosting but I had to move to a dedicated server to cope with the load. All that stuff is back under control now in a major way. And long-suffering Harry (who never complained, BTW) now finds he has several more free hours every week.
I was very reluctant to make any major change - I'm not the changing type of guy
and while some of the drawbacks of moving were anticipated, some weren't and I'm working to fix them. Yes, I do have a safe copy of the old database.
More in the email. It's a long weekend here so please bear with me if that spills over to Tuesday or so. There's some other stuff I wanted to chat with you about that's best left to email.
Similar Threads
-
By thegroover in forum The Lounge
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 01:01 PM
-
By lotech in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By spacedude89 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-29-2005, 01:40 AM
-
By mentaL704 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 07:26 AM
-
By tivadarpreiss in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

CISCO ISR4331/K9 V04 Integrated Services Router -Sealed Box
$332.49

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco C9300NM8X Network Switch Module
$649.99