I remastered my KNOPPIX 6.2.1 CD When I boot with the new CD it says "The graphical Subsystem could not be stated or terminated unexpectedly. was there something I need to do before I created the ISO image??
I am using the documentation at http://knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Reamstering_Howto In this documentation it says that for >= Knoppix 6.0 I should use SHA1 instead of MD5 I also tried lowering my burn spped to 8x and am still getting the same result.
Was there ever an answer posrted for this???? I have the same exact issue.
Same problem here. Did anybody find a solution to this??
Details:
my remastered cd boots to the prompt and then displays the following message:
The graphical subsystem could not be started
or terminated unexpectedly.
Maybe your graphics adapter or monitor are not auto-configurable.
Please try to reboot and give some of the Knoppix-Cheatcodes
at the initial boot:-prompt, which match your graphics adapter.
Examples:
knoppix xmodule=radeon (or ati, nv, cirrus, ...)
knoppix xmodule=fbdev
knoppix xmodule=vesa
knoppix hsync=90 vsync=75
I can execute commands, navigate the filesystem, and ping URL's but the gui won't load and the above message keeps appearing about every minute or so.
the only changes I made in my remaster were to uninstall openoffice and change the background.jpg image.
Take a look at this thread (also in the remastering forum) and see if that information points you in a good direction. Looks like the same type of problem, possibly. The manner in which the new master image is created is a bit tricky.
Cheers!
Krishna![]()
The exact sme thing is happening to me. I have meticulously followed the directions. I get:
Details:
my remastered cd boots to the prompt and then displays the following message:
The graphical subsystem could not be started
or terminated unexpectedly.
Maybe your graphics adapter or monitor are not auto-configurable.
Please try to reboot and give some of the Knoppix-Cheatcodes
at the initial boot:-prompt, which match your graphics adapter.
Examples:
knoppix xmodule=radeon (or ati, nv, cirrus, ...)
knoppix xmodule=fbdev
knoppix xmodule=vesa
knoppix hsync=90 vsync=75
and if i startx manually it tells me something about "suspicious ownership root:root"
Any help..please?
this happened when I followed "re-master your flash installation" because I used a ntfs partition to copy my files to.
when I used another ext2 partition to copy the files to everything worked.
oh and do ctrl+alt+f6/f5 and you should be able to see more info?

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Mushkin Redline 32GB 2x16GB DDR5-4800 SO-DIMM 262-Pin Non-ECC RAM
$300.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94
NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00