exylum,
If you're asking how to recover the laptop, I suggest:
- reboot using knoppix live CD or USB stick
- mount the hard drive partition "/" as /disk
- rename /disk/etc/X11/xorg.conf as xorg.nvidia
- reboot to hard drive
I have a intel card in my laptop and an nvidia card in my pc. 3d with Intel run out of the box, nvidia didn't. Now after installing nvidia drivers 3d on nvidia works (with xmodule=nvidia), but on intel it doesn't work anymore.
Nvidia: 7800
Intel: 950
exylum,
If you're asking how to recover the laptop, I suggest:
- reboot using knoppix live CD or USB stick
- mount the hard drive partition "/" as /disk
- rename /disk/etc/X11/xorg.conf as xorg.nvidia
- reboot to hard drive
I'm asking how to bring back 3d support on intel graphics after installing nvidia drivers. Btw. already tired getting rid of xorg.conf and replacing with cd's xorg.conf. Neither worked.
EDIT:
I uninstalled nvidia drivers and 3d is running fine now on intel. The uninstall process restored some backup of files it changed/replaced. Still it's just a workaround so no [solved] in the topic.
Last edited by exylum; 04-02-2010 at 08:32 AM. Reason: workaround

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99