-
Junior Member
registered user
Ok, turns out /usr/share/initscripts/default.rcS is actually a reference file of the default values (which I guess was changed at installation, in Ubuntu's case). /etc/default/rcS is the actual configuration file. And it looks like it worked! I changed UTC to equal "no" and made sure I entered an appropriate time zone when I booted (I use EST5EDT), and everyone was happy, including Tor.
Two problems though: first of all, boot is a little slower if you use the tz cheatcode with a persistent image (probably has something to do with access times), regardless of the value of UTC in /etc/default/rcS. The other problem is that there is now no simple way to get the old behavior back short of editing the file again and then rebooting (the utc cheatcode only changes the time zone).
Other than that, this seems to be the best way to get Knoppix to handle hardware clocks set by Windows.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99

Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips
$89.00

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D
$219.99