-
Hi,
Wot, no reply yet ?

Originally Posted by
rbrayer
I resized the knoppix-data.img but the size of loop0 remained the same
It sounds like you didn't quite follow the instructions. How ? Since only you were there, only you would know.

Originally Posted by
rbrayer
What do I do?
Hmm ... I think everyone resizes their persistent store at least once but Knoppix does not come with a convenient way to do this.
This simplest way (in that it requires least knowledge of Linux) is to start again. You could backup important stuff somewhere else first and restore it afterwards but you'd have to reinstall new software all over again so you might find it a bit of a pain.
A cheat code would be nice. There is now a pair of cheat codes that would serve http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...ersistent-data but you would have to install these yourself and I would not recommend that if you are not Linux capable and have not made becoming so one of this year's resolutions.
The instructions in this post seem clear and simple enough even though they don't use everyday commands. I have never done this myself. I can't see anything dodgy in the procedure but like kl522, I rather do it while the persistent store isn't mount.
There is another possibility that you may find easier to follow: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...update*.tar.gz. I would not use this myself because there are a couple of cases it does not handle but, for you, that might not be important and it may be less hassle that starting from scratch. I think the method is sound provided you do it immediately after remastering. Since the chap who devised this was trying to avoid remastering in the first place ...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00