-
Can't boot using CD or DVD
Hi, I am unable to boot from DVD or CD. I'm running Windows Vista dual booted with Mandriva 2010 Powerpack on a Dell Desktop Inspiron 530S. I'm trying to boot KNOPPIX_V6.2.1 DVD-2010-01-03 and same except CD. I get the boot-menu and select "boot from CDROM" then get a message that " no boot device available press Enter again".
Following is listing for "lspci -v":
Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus
Kernel modules: i2c-i801
00:1f.5 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) 2 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 85 [Master SecO PriO])
Subsystem: Dell Device 020d
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
I/O ports at f100 [size=8]
I/O ports at f000 [size=4]
I/O ports at ef00 [size=8]
I/O ports at ee00 [size=4]
I/O ports at ed00 [size=16]
I/O ports at ec00 [size=16]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: ata_piix
Kernel modules: ata_piix
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV610 video device [Radeon HD 2400 PRO] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: Dell Device 0402
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 25
Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
Memory at fddf0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
I/O ports at ce00 [size=256]
[virtual] Expansion ROM at fdd00000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: fglrx_pci
Kernel modules: fglrx
02:00.0 Communication controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. HSF 56k Data/Fax Modem
Subsystem: Conexant Systems, Inc. Dimension 3000
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 4
Memory at fdcf0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
I/O ports at df00 [size=8]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Any and all help will be appreciated.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72