-
knop5 pcmcia boot possible??
facts: old laptops Armada 1700 with no HD. Only 1 usb 1.1 port. 2 PCMCIA-slots.
It is possible to boot from USB-stick , bootfrom=/dev/sda1/kn.iso , very slow!! but it works.
I want to boot from pcmcia 5in1 card reader. (and later Compcat flash)
Till now it is absolutely not possible to boot from this device.
Is it possible anyway?? 1 work with knoppix 5, it is really the limit for mine system.
Armada 1700 laptops are now 11 years old. So i have to deal with limitations.
-
You might want to check out PLoP Bootmanager. You can boot from almost anything "visible", I think. I'm still getting started with it myself, but it looks pretty great so far, and it's been recommended by others who know more than I do.
Krishna
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you tried Knoppix 6.2.1 or 6.3? The reason I ask is that I think USB support may have become better in the latest releases, and if you use LXDE without Compiz (cheat code no3d), I'm not sure it will be quite hopeless to run on your hardware.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00

SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Desktop RAM PC4-25600 1Rx8 UDIMM HP L94255-5A1
$59.95

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$159.95

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested
$29.99

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00