Have you tried Knoppix 6.2.1 or 6.3? The reason I ask is that I think USB support may have become better in the latest releases, and if you use LXDE without Compiz (cheat code no3d), I'm not sure it will be quite hopeless to run on your hardware.
Have you tried Knoppix 6.2.1 or 6.3? The reason I ask is that I think USB support may have become better in the latest releases, and if you use LXDE without Compiz (cheat code no3d), I'm not sure it will be quite hopeless to run on your hardware.

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested
$285.00
Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00
Commodore Amiga 2000 A2000 – Motherboard Repaired by Amiga of Rochester
$1099.99
Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99
Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000
$599.99
Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$64.99
AMIGA DB23 RGB Female to VGA Male Buffered Cable 5 ft. - A1000 A2000 A3000 A4000
$38.00
(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00