-

Originally Posted by
utu
Here a few more ideas for you, Krishna:
I use the following /etc/rc.local to 'max-out' audio volume on my laptop:
added sudo amixer sset 'Master' 64;
sudo amixer sset 'Speaker' 64; and
sudo amixer sset 'PCI' 255.
Audio settings can be viewed and/or changed in an LXTerminal with 'alsamixer'.
(I don't know if driving alsamixer values 'into the red' is harmful;
I keep the apparent volume about the same as in Win7 usage.)
I checked my settings as follows:
Code:
cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [V8237 ]: VIA8237 - VIA 8237
VIA 8237 with CMI9761A+ at 0xe400, irq 22
1 [Headset ]: USB-Audio - Logitech USB Headset
Logitech Logitech USB Headset at usb-0000:00:10.2-1, full speed
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ amixer
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Mono:
Front Left: Playback 23 [74%] [-12.00dB] [on]
Front Right: Playback 23 [74%] [-12.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Mono:
Front Left: Playback 23 [74%] [-12.00dB] [on]
Front Right: Playback 23 [74%] [-12.00dB] [on]
--------snip--------
I'm wondering how wise or unwise exceeding a value of 31 would be, given what I see here. I have different hardware now than I did before, with an external amp to boost things, but I'm still interested. Thanks again, and
Cheers!
Krishna
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

Dell Optiplex 7040 MT, i7-6700 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, NO HDD/OS #95
$65.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00