-
Junior Member
registered user
Remaster knoppix V6.2.1 - Remove LXDE install KDE
Hoping I'll not the only one who wants to use V6.2.1 but needs KDE
I am posting my knoppix v6.2.1. remove LXDE and add KDE re-mastering scripts.
Beware this is very much a wip with many trial and errors merely remarked out.
The other point that I need to make is that some of my listed steps may thus prove unnecessary.
The scripts are developed from my V5.3 scripts based on the info from the wiki re-mastering site.
Three scripts install1, install2 & install3.
sda3 holds all additional files and sda4 is where all the re-mastering takes place.
Boot from v6.2.1 cd, have the scripts previously copied to fdd, mount fdd, copy them to / and run ./install1.sh
There are a couple of pre-requisits:
Additional files required on sda3
startx-startkde-start_kdeinit-start_kdeinit_wrapper from v5.3
dpkg.deb (see later)
Add your nameserver IP ( and route info if required )in install2.sh etc, I never got around to putting into a variable
Note
1 - My first re-master into KDE all of my menu entries running as user root a pop-up box would ask for root password. Although I googled and tried many things in the end as a work around I changed my user from knoppix to root. This is option 3 in my install1 menu
2 - Option 2 removes LXDE and installs KDE. I was forced to downgrade dpkg prior to installing KDE.
I feel this will give me problems in the future, does anyone know a way around this?
3 - Is the lenny-backports the correct place to install KDE from?
4 - Nothing was working in my chroot until I added to install2:
/etc/init.d/dbus start
/etc/init.d/acpid start
Does this sound correct, should I add others?
I tried adding hal but it failed.
5 - Kwite displays a blank page when loading files from my samba share, yet fine when I copy
the same file to my home directory and then re-open it, it is then OK.
6 - Same script does not work on V6.2 but in structure they look very sinilar.
7 - Finally, cannot get V6.2.1 ( original or re-mastered) to pxe connecting to an NFS share.
V6.2 does work however. Thankfully ruymbeke's customised miniroot does work for V6.2.1
over a CIFS share. More info here:
http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/115...ot.ini)/page61
Here are my scripts (please let me know if there is a better way of posting code):
UPDATE scripts to follow in following posts due to exceeding character limit
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

Compressed Air Duster&Vacuum Cleaner, 3-In-1 150000RPM Cordless Air Blower
$65.84

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99