-
Unable to boot live cd Knoppix 6.2
I have downloaded and created the disks to load Knoppix - both the DVD and the Live CD. When I try to boot either of these disks, both get to the same point and stop. I get 'Searching' and 'Waiting' messages with what appear to be disk addresses like /dev/sr0 and others. They go by so fast I can't read them. Both eventually end with the same message -
could not mount disk to /mnt-system Starting debugging shell
I have found posts that imply the cd/dvd burn was bad. In my case, the cd/dvd will boot in 3 other pc's and boot up. Other cd's - UBCD and Fedora and windows - read just fine. The disks are good. The dvd reader is good. I have determined that valid devices are /dev/sr0, /dev/sr1, and /dev/sda1. The first 2 are dvdrw and dvdrom. The other is the hard drive I want to install Knoppix on. What do I do next in the debugging shell to figure out what is wrong?
Thanks, Vince Radice
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00