-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Turning My Machine Off
I gave Knoppix 6/6/03 a fresh run from the cdrom.
I didn't see any messages that mentioned apm or apci.
The guy at the computer store told me that intel is phasing out the bios and depending on the OS to take over those duties.
The motherboard I have is in the first stages of that transition in leaving power manaagement up to the OS.
Steve

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus

Originally Posted by
beforewisdom
I saw in the "News" forum that the latest, greatest Knoppix 3.2 6/6/2003 has apm.
I had a friend download it for me. I tried it running from my cdrom. It is still not shutting my machine off.
Is there something I can adjust so that it can shut my machine off. A cheat code perhaps?
Thanks in advance
Steve
I am curious to know. When you boot the 6-6-03 release is there any indication that apm is working or enabled? When I boot that release it tells me "apm BIOS detected starting apmd". I'm just wondering really what the exact problem is- does it not recognize your BIOS as apm capable OR is the enhanced functionality of that BIOS causing the problem or.......?? I have Linux currently running on 4 machines none of which have issues powering down. You say halt and they halt. Of course I don't have anything anywhere new around here. :P
Similar Threads
-
By kuki69 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 08:45 PM
-
By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 11:17 AM
-
By Juggerboo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:30 PM
-
By stedy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:40 PM
-
By jmassengill in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD
$48.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59