Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How to turn-off the Screensaver or select not-random one?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35

    Red face How to turn-off the Screensaver or select not-random one?

    Is there a special way (like some menu I had to see for it) to disable the Screensaver?

    I don't know how I did it, but I choosed one earlier by some button in the menu I think and switched to one minute and it's annoying a little to watch random animations.

    Can I switch it off or select one I like a much and turn-off the shuffle (screensaver randomization)?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Preferences -> Screensaver lets you set the screensaver preferences. If you really want to stop the screensaver then you can kill the daemon ("File" menu).

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    Preferences -> Screensaver lets you set the screensaver preferences. If you really want to stop the screensaver then you can kill the daemon ("File" menu).
    I don't have that one in Knoppi 6.2. There is only one menu: System Settings and there is inside a Screensaver tab, but the default settings don't have any switch like "Turn Off the damn" screensaver or set the time to run to 0 seconds.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    In Knoppix V6.2.0 (CD) I was able to set the screensaver preferences by using the menu entry XScreenSaver Setup in the System Tools menu. In Knoppix V6.2.1 (CD) I used the menu entry Screensaver in the Preferences menu. There is also the possibility to run the command xscreensaver-demo in the terminal.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    In Knoppix V6.2.0 (CD) I was able to set the screensaver preferences by using the menu entry XScreenSaver Setup in the System Tools menu. In Knoppix V6.2.1 (CD) I used the menu entry Screensaver in the Preferences menu. There is also the possibility to run the command xscreensaver-demo in the terminal.
    Yes, I checked it and you solved it. It's fine, that Knoppix has 2 insights where that can be changed ... .') I was and even now I'm confused of the amount of icons, menus etc.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001 picture

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001

$99.99



Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE picture

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE

$149.00



Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone picture

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone

$225.00