Quote Originally Posted by GizmoPlushie View Post
So as I understand it correctly, I could reinstall the CD on the HDD without worrying about my data on it (music, movies, pdf's etc.)? Correct me if I'm wrong, cause that would be nice
I take exception with a few things here:

1) IF you manage to install it, Knoppix needs some space on the hard disk for its partition. Unless there is unallocated space that is not in another partition (unlikely), then partitions need to be modified or deleted and recreated, not a simple and easy task for a novice.

2) If the disk contains a NTFS partition taking all of the available space (likely for a Windows user, even if the partition is nearly empty ) then writing to it at all with Knoppix is considered dangerous and may corrupt all of your data.

3) Knoppix is a live CD or DVD, and isn't really intended to be installed to hard disk or suitable for it. There are a few hacks for doing this, but they are for special cases such as class room use. If you want a knoppix like Linux installed to a hard disk, you are much better off installing Debian rather than Knoppix, this is what Debian is intended for. (Same space issues still apply).