-
[6.2.1] Screen + keyboard issues
Hello
I've downloaded the ISO file for 6.2.1 (KNOPPIX_V6.2.1CD-2010-01-31-EN.iso), and successfully booted up an Acer desktop with it, with Knoppix running entirely in RAM using the line "knoppix screen=1024x768 toram nopcmcia".
I do have a couple of issues, though:
1. How can I change the keyboard layout from EN to FR? I didn't find what switch to use when booting up, and there's no trace of the "Control Center" or "Regional and Accessibility" group as specified here.
2. It's not visible in the screenshot, but the screen output is a bit off the left, so that I don't actually see the equivalent of Windows' Start menu and had to click blindly. How can I tell Knoppix to shift a bit to the right?
3. Although I used the "screen=1024x768" switch when booting up, Knoppix only displays in 800x600/60Hz, while a bare Windows without any specific driver is able to use 1024x768/75Hz with no problem. How can improve the screen definition?
4. I'll use this opportunity to ask a general question: Every GUI Linux distribution that I've tried over the years show fonts that aren't as "crisp" as under Windows, like they're a bit fuzzy: Is this due to the use of X instead of writing directly to the video card, the lack of good fonts, or yet another cause?
Thank you for any help.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50