Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Live USB Knoppix 6.2 - Boot Help...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1

    Question Live USB Knoppix 6.2 - Boot Help...

    Hello . I'm new to Knoppix. I wanted to try it out. I had to join the forums to get some help on this question that I can't find the answers to else where. I am a Windows XP user. I already got Knoppix v6.2 installed on my SD card (put in a card reader as a usb), but when I have reboot to boot in Knoppix, it loads, then it brings me to a menu option if I want to have data put on the Live SD (enter a certain amount of ram to store or leave blank). I did nothing, then secs later it brings me to another menu of options, such as:

    www
    email
    firefox


    & etc.

    What I want to know is how not to be just stuck in a cmd-line like state, but to have load the Knoppix desktop view. I have read the FAQs, but no help there for this considered problem or confusion. Please help. Thanks. God bless .

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo777 View Post
    Hello . I'm new to Knoppix. I wanted to try it out. I had to join the forums to get some help on this question that I can't find the answers to else where. I am a Windows XP user. I already got Knoppix v6.2 installed on my SD card (put in a card reader as a usb), but when I have reboot to boot in Knoppix, it loads, then it brings me to a menu option if I want to have data put on the Live SD (enter a certain amount of ram to store or leave blank). I did nothing, then secs later it brings me to another menu of options, such as:

    www
    email
    firefox


    & etc.

    What I want to know is how not to be just stuck in a cmd-line like state, but to have load the Knoppix desktop view. I have read the FAQs, but no help there for this considered problem or confusion. Please help. Thanks. God bless .
    You got the Adriane version (visually-impaired assistance - happened to me, too.) Either re-do your disk with the regular version or type in (at the screen right after boot)
    Code:
    knoppix
    and then[Enter] - it will boot to the GUI you're looking for.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.27



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$7.99



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00