-
Hi,
I was able to resolve the second issue of permissions so I now have R/W access to my share from both Knoppix and Windows. I was trying to figure out how to get my CDRW to allow writing and discovered an option to "Open Current Folder as Root" under the "Tool" menu in PCMan and bingo, write access! The CDRW is still not working but that is another problem for another post (if I can't find the answers on my own by looking around).
In the process of trying to get this working, I ran into new problems relating to the original post -- How to upgrade to PUEL so I can have access to USB from my VM and I also believe it would be better to use the Vbox share than the network share I am using now. The dpcumentation for VBox says to simply install upgrades over the existing one but when I did that, I broke things. Any advice would be helpful!
Thanks, Robert
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99