-
H Krishna,
Thanks for replying! I am also using the thumb drive approach to run Knoppix which leaves the system"untouched" with Windows 7 installed and usable (should it be needed). I need the Windows share because all my customers run Windows applications and I need to try things in a windows environment so Wine won't work. Last night, I tried something because I know this is "simply" a permissions problem: I switched to the terminal emulator and tried to create a file in my share (cat /dev/null >> testfile) as myself and then again as root. Only the attempts as root worked, which is what I suspected. The problem I have is that even after changing the group and user ID as well as permissions for the folder, as soon as I mount the share into the folder, the owner and group change to root! If I can figure out how to either properly change owner and group for the share, or change my user ID (which I will try later but I am not sure if changing it in etc/password will work). Let me know if you have any ideas 
As for sharing the machine, that would not be a problem, if needed. Let me know what you need, in case we do go that way.
Regards, Robert
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition
$435.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99