-
Cannot Install package from Synaptic...
Hi Forum,
I am planning to build a LiveDVD with applications intended for Mechanical Engineering;
Some of them are in the Repos, some have been built from source on other systems ( I use Slackware on my work as Engineer ) so I can easily rebuild them in Knoppix, as soon as I have the needed libs ( binaries and headers ) to link them, and some are only released as Binaries... either for the x86 or the x86_64 arch.
My apps will be Cad applications,
FEA and FVM software,
Math prototyping applications,
stuff like BRL-CAD, Code Aster, Salome, Calculix, Ofelie, DealII, OpenFOAM, Octave/QtOctave, FreeMat, K3d, Blender, Syrthes, Code Saturne, Netgen, Gmsh, Mayavi2, ParaView, Visit, gerris flow solver, GFSView, OpenCascade,...
My questions are :
Since I am supposed to build lots of things from source, I will need the support of some libraries and applications to do this... Since Knoppix, Unlike Slackware or Arch has automatic package management, I use Synaptic to install these prerequirements... yet some of them cannot be installd, despite the fact that they show up in Synaptic after updating the exixting repos...
This is strange...
I am using Knoppix 6.2 LiveDVD ...
Must I enable some additional repos to have the environment to build the stuff I want, so as to have it installed in a chroot, prior to create a bootable iso image...?
Why do the demos in Scilab fail to run in a Live session...?
Is there any planned release of a Knoppix 6.2 x86_64....?
... I guess this is all.... for now... 
BRGDS
Alex
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99