-

Originally Posted by
sdcougar
How do you save a download or an open office word document when on a llive CD?
Which brings up a more general question for newcomers....where do you find help/tutorials? [i see nothing in FAQ...search box brings up nothing, even on 'usb']...I don't find anything in the menu...sorry, I am not a geek; first experience with a live cd....hope not the last..
My hard drives are NTFS windows 7. When I click on home on the desktop, the hard drives are listed in the left column. I can then click on them, and drill down. The top directory of an NTFS drive is /media/sdxn, where x is a letter like a,b,c ... and n is a number (the partition number). The hard drive is already mounted, and I can just save my stuff to /media/sda1/..., for instance: /media/sdb1/Users/Public/Documents I installed the 6.2 DVD, I believe, and if I go into open office, help, it says I need to install some package. Unless you have persistant storage (USB flash, not CD/DVD), or you remaster Knoppix, and install the help yourself, I doubt if you will get help. Looks like they cut corners here.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45