-

Originally Posted by
JohnKlug
My hard drives are NTFS windows 7. When I click on home on the desktop, the hard drives are listed in the left column. I can then click on them, and drill down. The top directory of an NTFS drive is /media/sdxn, where x is a letter like a,b,c ... and n is a number (the partition number). The hard drive is already mounted
Hmm - I think it's the click on the drive icon in PCman (started automatically by the click on Home) that mounts them, in most cases. My own NTFS partition is mounted by default because I'm forcing that with the way I boot up (which is because I'm using the NTFS partition for my KNOPPIX directory.) I am definitely able to use things from, and store to, my Windows "My Documents" folder, for instance. Just boot the CD and type
Code:
knoppix tohd=/dev/sda1
the first time or
Code:
knoppix fromhd=/dev/sda1
thereafter to do the same.
Regards, Krishna
and I can just save my stuff to /media/sda1/..., for instance: /media/sdb1/Users/Public/Documents I installed the 6.2 DVD, I believe, and if I go into open office, help, it says I need to install some package. Unless you have persistant storage (USB flash, not CD/DVD), or you remaster Knoppix, and install the help yourself, I doubt if you will get help. Looks like they cut corners here.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP
$149.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

ASUS Blade Server LAN Web Remote Management KVM Module Chip IPMI 2.0 ASMB9-iKVM
$49.99