-
Senior Member
registered user
I finally managed to upgrade udev without breaking the system. If anyone is about to make this step - please read this post.
I upgraded all 3 packages: libudev,libgudev and udev to version 160-1
To make the system work I had to edit line 109 of /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig. I commented out the original line:
/sbin/udevd --daemon && \
and added below it:
/etc/init.d/udev start 2>/dev/null >/dev/null
So far there are no side effects. FSTAB is recreated properly at every boot. pcmanfm mounts all drives-hard drives and usb
kl522 claims that upgrading udev does not break his system without the modification of knoppix-autoconfig, but unfortunately this is not the case here.
According to me the upgraded udevd fails to start in daemon mode using the original command included in knoppix-autoconfig. If any ill effects show up I will post them here
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01