I am using 6.2. I downloaded Knoppix and installed it to an 8GB USB drive.
It asks during boot for the size of the overlay file (300MB to 4000MB). I enter 3000MB, and do OK, and it does not ask me anything about encryption, it just boots. I have a very fast system, so maybe there is some kind of timing issue?
Here are the instructions I used to install the flash drive:
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/install...ve-in-windows/
knoppix@Microknoppix:/mnt-system/KNOPPIX$ lsHere is an ls of where I thought the overlay file belongs:
README_Security.txt index_it.html license.txt
background.jpg knoppix modules
index_de.html knoppix-cheatcodes.txt sha1sums
index_en.html knoppix-logo-medium.png sources.txt
index_fr.html knoppix-logo-small.png
knoppix@Microknoppix:/mnt-system/KNOPPIX$ ls
README_Security.txt index_it.html license.txt
background.jpg knoppix modules
index_de.html knoppix-cheatcodes.txt sha1sums
index_en.html knoppix-logo-medium.png sources.txt
index_fr.html knoppix-logo-small.png
I solved my problem. I think that the documentation is a bit weak in this area.
Since the "personal file" choice said between 300MB to 4000MB, I thought I should enter something like 3000MB. I even tried 3GB.
This is incorrect. It wants only the integer.
Am I completely alone in thinking that it wanted the "MB"? Otherwise I think they should make this clear somewhere. I have not seen any screenshots or examples of what to enter for the response for the "personal file" during boot.
I can't figure out how to enter a bug report on 6.2. Bug reports seem to stop at 5.3:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs
Here is what I could find on customization:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Customizing_FAQ
Do I add something of my own to the custmization wiki?
Glad to know your problem is solved.
It's a Wiki, JohnKlug, go right ahead, register, update away and make it more useful for othersDo I add something of my own to the custmization wiki?![]()
I updated the customization FAQ, specifying that the size must be an integer:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Customizing_FAQ

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Electric Air Duster & Small Vacuum, 130000RPM, 2in1 Cleaner
$53.22
Compressed Air Duster,150000Rpm Electric Air Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag Vacuum
$72.62
95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98