-
I think I have a unique problem
I am really new knoppix, however, I've had 4.0 for some time now but only played with it a few times. I have a computer that I think got a virus and I'm trying to get the files off of it so I can reinstall in windows because I can't even get into windows through safe mode. I got the blue screen of death.
I have a dell dimension 2310.
Now to the problem. I ran knoppix 4.0 and can see and access the HD. I can see all the files, however when I try to write them to a usb flash drive it won't allow me to do so. It says I don't have permissions. I changed the permissions in the properties menu on the desktop icon but still would not let me do so. So after doing a little research I discovered that there was a newer version of Knoppix that may be able to help, Version 6.2. I tested it on my laptop and wow it worked like a charm and an awesome GUI.
So, I go and put it into the problem computer thinking everything is going to go smooth and wam, I can sure copy and paste to the usb drive now but I can't access the partition of the HD that has the files I need. I can access other partitions but get the error
"Error <i>org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailur e</i>" When I try to access the main partition. I tried some of the remedies for this on the forums but got no where.
If you can help me get the files off either in 4.0 or 6.2 which ever remedy works first I'll take it. Thank you for any help I can get.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

Kingston HyperX Fury 128GB DDR4-2933 CL17 Desktop Ram (8x 16GB), HX429C17FB/16
$589.00

16 GB Kit Samsung 2 x 8GB DDR5 SO-DIMM PC5-4800 Non-ECC RAM M425R1GB4BB0-CQK0L
$175.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00